Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2172 down, 47828 to go.

So I just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and I loved it! Finally, a book I could get excited about reading. My only regret is that I finished it in one day and have to move on. The story is about a writer with writer's block who begins corresponding with a man on the island of Guernsey who happened to find her name and address in a book she once owned. Through their correspondence, she discovers the background of his "literary society", finds a number of new friends, breaks through her writer's block, and learns about World War II from the Channel Island perspective. The story was cute, funny, poignant and moving. Overall, definitely one I would recommend if you haven't read it yet.

Now I'm moving on to Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi. This is a book that has intrigued me for quite a while, so we'll see what I think after...

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how it is. Maybe I will buckle down and read it once I am done with my current book, which I am having trouble getting into. I think I need some fluff right now, so perhaps Reading Lolita should wait...

    ReplyDelete